Central Public School is a two-story brick building constructed in 1889. Located in the heart of Bowmanville, the school is one of the oldest buildings in the Kawartha Pine Ridge District School Board.
The firm was retained to design a natural playground that accommodated a large volume of students while meeting financial constraints. The playground utilizes natural features, an outdoor classroom, and planters which connect children with nature.
The firm worked with the school principal and parent/teacher association to raise over $70,000 worth of Construction material reducing the cost to $80,000.